Wednesday, May 19, 2004

EUREKA!

Last week the small town of Eureka (Pop. 1,017) passed a resolution opposing the Patriot act! The man who began the push for the resolution is a self professed Conservative Republican and the best speaker I have ever heard live.

When I heard the rumor about this I zoomed on over to The Bill Of Rights Defense committee website to check it out where I found this story. I was particularly curious about this comment by U.S. Attorney Bill Mercer:

"I'm here because I think it would be a mistake for the Whitefish City Council to do this, and I would have said the same in the other three cities," Mercer said.

That sounds like a threat to me.

Does that sound like a threat to you?

A little legal shock and awe for the Flathead County Perhaps? Maybe he was warning us to save our ink for a rainy day.

Surely that's it; I wondered when the valley would run low on the black stuff. Wartime rationing must be making a comeback. Please conserve your ink and your brain cells-it's for the good of the country.

It is great news that Eureka is one of the 315 cities towns and counties and four states that have publicly affirmed their belief in the Constitution.


|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home