Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Tag--I'm It!

I saw Farmer tag Mimus Pauly the other day and I was quite shocked when Mimus tagged me!

Q1 - You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be [saved]?

Animal Farm by George Orwell. Wait, The Lorax by Dr. Seuss. No. The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran. Tolkein, make that C.S. Lewis. I changed my mind, make it Ray Bradbury or The Stand by Stephen King. No, I want that really great book on mythology of the world I read in high school...What? What do you mean the only thing left is by Marilou Henner--oh please don't let that be the only remnant of world literature, burn it! [I should probably tell you that I get way too skinny when I'm left on my own because I can't decide what to eat and I get bored just thinking about it]

Q2 - Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character? Sure, lots of them. I think the last one was that guy who was a 'really good Christian'. It lasted long enough for me to learn that he was a bitter, self absorbed person who wanted to fill all my brainspace with his endless blabbering about all the people he spent his time saving from really bad people...

Q3 - The last book you bought is? Humpty Dumpty, I got it at the grocery store for 99 cents. We read it 14 or 40 times a day. Every day. I don't understand the facination with Georgie Porgie, and wonder if I should worry about it.

Oh, I went to the Heretic ( I would love to link our local bookstore that sells banned books, political books and used books too, but their website isn't up yet)and bought myself The Gnostic Gospels by Elaine Pagels and I bought 'The Tough Coughs As He Ploughs the Dough (Early writings and cartoons by Dr. Seuss)

Q4 - What are you currently reading? Humpty Dumpty, Babie Fozzie is Afraid of the Dark, Corrente Talking Ponts Memo Seeing the Forest Digby... 'Jennie VolumeII, The Life of Lady Randolph Churchill', Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them by Al Franken, Crossing The Rubicon by Michael Rupert.

Q5 - Five books you would take to a deserted island? I want something like my Websters 1946 Complete Reference Dictionary, but I want it to be softbacked and without brittle paper, I want a really nice botany text so I don't have to rely on my memory for all the edibles,I want an algebra text that starts easy and works it's way up to Calculus or Trigonometry because I would go nuts if I didn't keep the noggin busy, The Brothers Dvoetski by Fydor, and Paradise Lost by Milton.

If I wasn't alone, I might want the option of taking the Karma Sutra and relying on my memory for the botany details.


I think that I'm going to tag some western bloggers:

Zach Hagadone

Wulfgar

Winter of Dissent

The world famous Matt Singer

Jesse

Kalamity Karen

And non bloggers Tinfoil Hat Boy, Chica Toxica, and The Other Sarah. They facinate me!

The questions are:

Q1 - You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be [saved]?
Q2 - Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?
Q3 - The last book you bought is?
Q4 - What are you currently reading?
Q5 - Five books you would take to a deserted island?
|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home