Sunday, December 19, 2004

Wild Horses

I've had Moose, Bears, Mountain Lions, Skunks, Raccoons, Deer, Wild Turkeys, Coyotes and even Rattlesnakes make appearances in my yard (yes, I am a mobile Montanan). I've seen Bobcats, Mountain goats, Bighorn sheep, Buffalo, Elk, Antelope, Marmots and Badgers in the wild. I have never seen a Wild Horse.

Not in the Pryor mountains, the Crazy Mountains, the Beartooth Mountains, not around the Bob Marshall Wilderness area, around Yellowstone Park or even Glacier Park. I've never seen a wild horse in Eastern Montana, either.

Heck. I haven't even seen one splattered on the road.

So my own Senator Burns decides that those beautiful creatures are just too abundant and he wants to slaughter 40% of them this year. That is 20,000 animals that very few people ever get to see put on the chopping block for whose benefit?

We deserve to know who Conrad is serving here. That is our land and those are our horses that he is wasting. Who benefits, and why are they more deserving of our property than you or I?
|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home