Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Social Security Scam explained by Hazel

Hazel get's it. She really understands the whole Social Security Scam that Bush is trying to pull off before anybody notices that we no longer have any kind of safety net whatsoever.

[...]

I have worked and paid into Social Security since I was 16 years old. Every paycheck I ever received had a deduction for Social Security so I have done my part for 59 years of hard labor. I finally retired at age 75. I put it off as long as I could, because I didn’t want to be a burden to the taxpayers, but now must depend on a Social Security monthly check as my only income.
The system has worked well until the government started borrowing from it, and using the fund as a piggy bank for all manner of funding other than old age. They borrow, leave an IOU and then never repay.


[...]

A government controlled savings plan? Do you working people out there actually trust the government to manage a savings account for you with only your name on it, for years and years, drawing interest, and then have it all waiting for you when you retire? Who would invest this money -- you or the government? Every transaction has a fee. Guess who pays the fee.
You would not be allowed to draw on this savings account until you retire, but I’ll betcha the government would have loopholes in the fine print, allowing them to “borrow” from your account from time to time, leaving you an IOU that never gets repaid.
Hazel Scott
|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home