Sunday, August 14, 2005

Go On With Life

Maybe I'm a hick, but where I come from, you pay your dues and then you get on with your life.

"it's also important for me to go on with my life"


Maybe I'm a hick, but where I come from it is customary to meet people who travel long distances to see you.


"But whether it be here or in Washington or anywhere else, there's somebody who has got something to say to the president, that's part of the job,"


Maybe I'm a hick, but where I come from, being sensitive doesn't mean avoidance.

"And I think it's important for me to be thoughtful and sensitive to those who have got something to say."


Maybe I'm a hick, but where I come from it people know how to exercise and listen at the same time.

In addition to the two-hour bike ride, Bush's Saturday schedule included an evening Little League Baseball playoff game, a lunch meeting with Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, a nap, some fishing and some reading.


Maybe I'm a hick, but where I come from people are more worried about their own health than they are about the President's.

"I think the people want the president to be in a position to make good, crisp decisions and to stay healthy,"


Maybe I'm a hick, but nobody I know, nobody thinks his decisions are crisp.
|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home