Monday, March 14, 2005

Steal This Post

I did, it feels wonderful! My hair is shinier, I found a quarter in the couch, my teeth are noticibly whiter and the cat looked at me all because I stole this post. I'm a changed woman, life is good again!

Steal This Post

Operating once again under the radar, the Republicans in Congress are doing their best to sneak funding for drilling in ANWR into the federal budget. Want to stop them? Find out how!

The House didn’t include ANWR in their budget plans. The Senate did. Some time early this week Maria Cantwell (D-WA) is supposed to introduce an amendment that will strip ANWR from the budget. We need votes for that amendment. Of course, we should all call and/or write to our senators. But if you live in certain states, your call may matter even more.

Lately I’ve been working with PennEnvironment on the issue of ANWR and the Energy Bill in general. The county field rep who recruited me told me that there are organizations similar to PennEnvironment working together in specific states where they think they have the best chances to win the votes. I’ll provide the contact information for the states she mentioned to me. The list is not complete so no matter where you live, take the time to call/write your senator today. Let them know that we’re paying attention and that we want ANWR off the table.

CO: Wayne, Salazar
FL: Nelson, Martinez
ME: Collins, Snow
MI: Levin, Stabenow
MN: Coleman, Dayton
OH: Voinovich, DeWine
OR: Smith, Wyden
PA: Specter
WA: Cantwell, Murray



Steal It. Now.
|

2 Comments:

Blogger Gordon said...

Since the oil companies' interest in drilling in ANWR has cooled, the administration seems willing to use our money to get them to do it anyway. Swell.

4:36 PM  
Blogger granny said...

You are right Gordon. I almost expect them to start billing torture survivors for services rendered.

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home