Saturday, February 12, 2005

Water Bill To Be Debated Soon

I heard this on the radio the other day. I do not know who the Senator or Legislator is and I don't know if he is a Democrat or a Republican, but he sure made a lot of sense.

We want our water to be clean and safe. We want to keep our access to it and most importantly, we do not ever want it to be controlled by a public corporation.

Never.

I have lived in Montana for a very long time. I've seen people come to blows over water rights during short droughts and it's not pretty.

We are entering the seventh year of drought now, I'm starting to dread summer already. Our water belongs to us and should never be sold or handed over to private corporations for any reason at all.

It is suicidal to go down that road, when the people can't afford to drink or bathe they have a tendency to riot, people get killed. I haven't ever read about a successful water privatizion scheme anywhere.

Hydrologists predict world wide water shortages because of pollution and poorly planned developments. Please protect the water rights of Montana citizens for now and forever.

(We need to make this user friendly before the next Legislative session)
|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home