Friday, December 03, 2004

Senator Burns Changes His Story

Okay I saw this on the news on December 2, 2004. Senator Burns was saying that we need to manage the wild horse population just like we manage the rest of our wildlife. (Heads up Connie, we already do manage the herds, and I have heard that they respond really well to clicker training)

He said we don't want them starving to death, and we don't want people to shoot them. (Senator, are you saying that it is more dignified to round them up with helicopters and truck them off to meatpacking plants? I am too tired to direct anybody to the horrors and inhumane way that animals are killed there right now, but if people had any clue whatsoever...)

What I saw was a clear attempt at damage control, he even sounded like he was sober! I do not believe that we should just let it sit there. Senator Burns owes us an apology and an explanation of his unilateral undemocratic style of legislation.
|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home